I hate to get all serious on everyone for a second here, but this needs to be addressed. I have gotten this comment anonymously messaged to me a few times (in so many words), but this is the first time I’ve had it put somewhere publicly, and I cannot explain how angry I am.
I am only going to say this once, and I want to be extremely clear about it. If you are offended at the fact that I will occasionally reblog posts or articles of a young Palestinian telling his or her story, unfollow me. If you don’t like that I sometimes talk about the rampant anti-Arab sentiments in France and how wrongheaded/xenophobic/unhealthy it is, unfollow me.
And if you are simple enough to think that any of this makes me anti-semitic in any way, or that supporting Muslims and supporting Jews is mutually exclusive, or that being supportive of the Jewish people means you cannot look at the actions of a country we back politically and financially as much as we do Israel with a careful eye for human rights violations, unfollow me. And please do not ever speak to me again, because you are not worth my time.
I am lighthearted about most things on the internet, but some things are very serious, and this is one of them.
- reprogrammingmyself likes this
- forgottowatertheplantsagain said: I’ve had so many arguments with my family about this. I’m Jewish, I’m pro-Israel, but it doesn’t mean everything they do is okay. Both sides, Arab and Israeli, are guilty of some nasty stuff, and it’s naive to ignore that fact.
- homoanatinus likes this
- allthepettyshit likes this
- feelsnow likes this
- alwaysperhaps likes this
- 4ourty6ix reblogged this from faganchelsea
- smokewet likes this
- formilesandmiles likes this
- beautiful-savage likes this
- toolazytoshave likes this
- theorthodoxheretic likes this
- ladaysandnights likes this
- heymikewaskom likes this
- jennypayne likes this
- iamcarneiro likes this
- asmerritt likes this
- paperheartdigitalveins likes this
- molokovellocet said: Yo, hate to dumb this down because I basically agree with you, but it grossed me out that they can’t spell semitic and would scold you on something they are literally not well-versed in.
- britticisms likes this
- pointofitall likes this
- murphymaurine likes this
- vacantvision said: eff them chelsea, obviously they don’t know you as a person and the fact that they took time to read your pieces when they’ve already had a false impression of you is their issue. sorry that you even had to waste your time to address this!
- neue-skye likes this
- faganchelsea posted this